So today I filmed my second video for YouTube. I haven’t uploaded any yet, as I want to try filming for a while first and get comfortable with it and myself. Once I have a few under my belt, I’ll start uploading and spreading the word.
I’m still not entirely sure what to do for my channel, or whether I should focus on one area or a few. There are so many beauty and lifestyle channels out there that the market is saturated, so focusing on solely that is out of the question for me. I think I want the channel to start out as simply “me”, and by that I mean a collection of things I love and enjoy. You don’t know me that well yet, so what are those things I enjoy? Here are a few, and not in any particular order:
- Social Media
I also have a few areas of my life that I’m unhappy with and want to improve on, therefore I could also make videos about those subjects and how I improve myself. Those things are:
- Fashion – I’m definitely not the most fashionable person
- Hair – I have two styles: up or down
- Cooking – I enjoy eating food, but making it is a different kettle of fish
- Health and fitness – I don’t exercise and I don’t eat as healthy as I want
- Home – I want a beautiful home, but that is difficult with a limited budget
- Lifestyle – I want to be happier and aim on improving my general mood and situation
So, from all of these potential areas of focus I could do a helluva lot of different stuff… but is there too much to choose from, and would I just have too much going on in my channel? Probably, but I think I’m going to give it a shot, doing what comes to me and makes me smile at the time, and see where the channel and any potential viewers take me.
If you have any ideas for my channel or have any interesting YouTubers you’d like to recommend, please feel free to leave a comment!